Chance of getting infected with genital herpes from a person having cold sores. Oral sex and chances of herpes transmission

Hello doctor, This is to clear my doubt regarding the spread of genital herpes through oral sex. One of my friends has got infected with genital herpes. But he promises that he only had oral sex from a hooker. But when he tested for herpes it was positive. It is making him tensed. Please reply me at the earliest, along with some home remedy for herpes. Thanks. 

Thanks for the question. It is really unfortunate to know that one of your friends got infected with herpes. But I am sorry that no home remedy or even sophisticated medical treatment is available to treat herpes and to eradicate the virus fully from body. If a person gets oral sex from a person having herpes or cold sore infection, it is sure to get transmitted to the other person, causing herpes or cold sore, according to the type of virus he or she transmits. Of the Herpes simplex virus variants, type 1 causes cold sore and type 2 causes genital herpes. You can advise him to take blood tests for herpes type 1 and type 2 to get the infection confirmed. It is not recommended to go for unprotected sex with sex workers. Moreover, HSV can transmit to others even through protected sex with condoms. This is because it can be spread through skin to skin contact with infected people. Hope my answer helps. Take care.