Pain in knee and makes a cracking noise on bending

My name is X and I am a 19 year old from Eastern Kentucky. For nearly a year, I've been experiencing horrible pain in my right knee, the pain is usually located on the left side of my knee and on the lower part of my calf and my foot. When I bend it back and unbend it, my kneecap will painfully crack and it gets worse. My left knee sometimes does the same thing. Sometimes when I walk, it feels like I can barely put any weight on my right leg due to the pain. I also experience cracking whenever I walk too. I am also a very active person and tend to stay on my feet a lot. What could this be?

The pain in your knees and the cracking of kneecap is an alarming situation, which cannot be ignored. It could indicate damage to knee. The cartilage s in the knee act as protective mechanism and prevent wear and tear.

There could be a lot of reasons for the pain which include:

A) Meniscus tear / cartilage tear.

B) Anterior cruciate ligament injury

C) Chrondromalacia patella.

I would suggest you to get an x ray of bilateral knees along with an MRI knee and consult the Orthopedician with results of the reports.

Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine