Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Type Your Question Here...

Pain at the tip of penis and burns while passing urine. could this be STD?

Six days ago I went to a strip club and received a lap dance. During the lap dance I touched the woman's body but not her genitals, but most worryingly, my penis was out and the dancer touched it several times and rubbed it against her vaginal area (though she was wearing panties). Six days after (now) I have pains in my tip of the penis, also, my pee smells bad and it burns a bit during urination - I have a small itch in my anus as well. The pain in the tip of the penis started the morning after I received the lap dance.1. Is it possible to be infected from HIV/Other STDs this way? I am panicking right now!!2. If it is possible that I am infected, is it possible that symptoms show up so soon?3. It is worth mentioning that I did a regular blood and urinal tests and there is no regular infection so the source of the pain is not clear at the moment and I am seeing another doctor tomorrow. Do you have any idea of something that can cause a pain in the tip of the penis, which is not an STD? Do you think it might be yeast infection? If I got yeast infection from her would the pain show up the morning after? [I also think I have white tongue - would the yeast infection spread throughout the body after 4 days or so?]4.The doctor gave me antibiotic treatment (the day after the event) and told me that I cannot be affected from other STDs because of this reason. What is the risk of getting HIV? My main worry is that I have yeast infection [I'm convinced of it] and due to the fact that yeast infection can be transmitted through intercourse only can it be that I got HIV as well?5. Is it possible that body fluids from her vagina or semen from other clients were on her panties and entered my urethra and thus infected me with hiv? [how much is needed? If I got one drop of liquid would I be infected?]6. Is it possible to get jaundice from this encounter?I am really freaking out, I can't sleep at nights, please help me! I deeply appreciate all of your help. Thank you!

Submitted: 4 Days

I understand your concerns but there is no reason to be worried .The symptoms that you are describing such as pain at the tip of the penis and burning sensation while passing urine is probably due to a urinary tract infection. The main causative organism is Ecoli and presents with the above-mentioned features. However the pain at the tip of penis could also be due to constant rubbing of the penis that has irritated it or due to irritation of the urethra. It is highly unlikely that you have had HIV or other STD diseases since there was no direct contact. Generally in HIV it takes at least a month for the symptoms to show up and till then they are symptom free. If it is a yeast infection, then you will present with itching, red spots of the penis, passing a thick curdy white discharge. Since you don't have the above-mentioned symptoms it is highly likely that it could be a yeast infection. All your blood reports are also normal. I would suggest you to use an antibiotic like Tablet Cipro 500mg twice a day after food for 5 days. IF the symptoms does not subside after a week then you could consult your doctor.

DoctorSpring in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... DoctorSpring.com.
DoctorSpring.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like doctorspring.com/privacy
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on DoctorSpring rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as DoctorSpring in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.