Weird circle of redness in eyes with extremely dry and scratchy eyes

Hi, for the past couple of weeks my eyes have felt extremely dry and scratchy. I put in eyedrops but they are a very temporary relief. My eyes are always red lately. I started taking omega 3 pills two days ago, hoping this will help. There is a weird circle of redness I can't explain.

Category: Allergy and Immunologist

Expert:  Dr. Manish Malhotra replied 4 Days.

Your consult was initially seen by Dr.Vivek Verma ( Immunology and Allergy specialist ) and forwarded to me.

The scratchy n dryness of the eye that you feel is more allergic in nature , this can be because of the change of season or because of some allergy (dust,pollen etc).

You can wash your eyes with mild cold water at least 3-4 times a day. Take an OTC anti allergic medication like Cetirizine or Allegra once a day. If the symptoms persist, you may have to visit your GP/ Ophthalmologist.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.

Dr. Manish Malhotra
Fellowship: L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
Fellow Pediatric Ophthalmology & Squint (L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad)
Medical School, Residency: MBBS, DOMS, FLVPEI, Nagpur university, 1995