Detect HPV infection from a vaginal sore

Hello doctor, I am a 28 years old guy. I am diagnosed to have contracted with HPV, about 5 years ago. I was in a monogamous relationship since then and had no other partners for that time being. Can I do any test in my partner to find whether she has got infected from me? Now she has got a sore in her vagina and it is inside vagina. However, we did a pap test about 6 months ago and there was no abnormalities found at that time. Should I be concerned about this?

Expert:  Dr. Andrew Lewis replied 4 Days.

Thanks for your question and concern about affecting with HPV. A pap test is usually done to reveal HPV infections in females. But in some rare cases, we cannot conclude the result by doing pap smear test only. In such cases, you may have to do DNA test also. It is better for you to consult your doctor to get a suggestion which may be specific to you. Hope my answer helps. Take care.

Dr. Andrew Lewis