Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Doubts on herpes

Resolved Question:

Dear doctor, I am living with my new partner for a while now. Before having my first sex with my new partner, I have shaved the hairs present on my testicles and all around my genitals. After a few days as I can say it as five days it looks like my testicles had enlarged in size, I feel itching all around my genitals, feels like some type of burning, formation of some blisters or we can say some kind of bump in the inner side of my thighs. I got very much frightened and became concerned over all these things. I suddenly went to the nearest hospital and I got myself tested for the chlamydia, gonorrhea and for syphilis. The test results came as negative. When I had undergone a visual inspection by one of the specialist he said that he saw nothing unusual. The sore on the leg was confirmed as zit. Then I went to the urologist and after a visual verification he prescribed the diflucan and told me to use the baby powder and some other stuff and after using these things the itching stopped completely. I asked my urologist that whether I have been affected by some kind of sexually transmitted infection, he simply laughed at me and said no. but I became more concerned and then went to visit two more doctors. The first doctor told me that I have to undergo the tests for herpes since the results in checking the chlamydia, gonorrhea and for syphilis came as negative. But he could not tell what kind of sore is present on my leg. The other doctor I visited was a dermatologist and he told me that the sore present on my leg is post hyperpigmentation and he reassured that there is nothing there to be worried about. But now I am facing new problems like itching on my genital area and the hair all around my testicles have grown unusually that is double than usual. What is the reason for this? Please help me as soon as possible.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 26 Doctors Online

Thanks for your question and concern. It sound like you have been affected by a local irritation and this has led to enlargement in size, itching around the genitals, burning sensation and the bump in the inner side of the thigh. The reason for the local irritation to arise in your body may be due to the shaving and this had resulted in dermatitis. The other common causes of the symptoms seen in your body may be due to the folliculitis. The folliculitis is also known as the yeast infection. It is a bacterial growth on your skin due to sweat or due to the hair follicles present on your skin. During the time of shaving it will trap the bacteria in the ingrown hair follicles. If this is the reason for your problem, it can be easily solved by the use of diflucan. This is an antifungal medicine and is very effective in curing such problems. The symptoms seen in your body is not from a herpes infection as if it is due to the herpes infection the vesicles would feel extreme pain, tingling or the burning sensation according to the development of the vesicles. A different form of chlamydia which is popularly known as the lymph granuloma venereal (LGV) can affect the body in the same way as you have described. The LGV occurs by the chlamydia trachomatis bacteria and it would invade the lymphatic system of our body and cause the irritation and the swelling effects in our body. The first approach of the disease would be painless, genital ulcer after one to two weeks from its first approach would resolve within a time period of few days. But after the first approach the disease would come with its second attack and affect the lymphatic vessels and nodes and results in a stage of swelling, redness and all. With the proper treatment by the use of medicines like the erythromycin or with doxycycline the infections can be cured quickly. For the final concern about your hair growing back double, it does not make any medical sense. If the symptoms persist or worsen, you should immediately approach a licensed physician and tell all your problems facing by you and get necessary medical support. Take care.

Dr. Andrew Lewis
Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. Andrew Lewis and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news