ABSCESS on thigh near private parts. Treatment.

Hi there,

I think I have an abscess on my inner thigh near my private parts. I cant access a doctor for a few days and I am scared that it is really bad. I have had it for a month. Could you please identify it for me and what is the treatment?
I believe that is because of my weight. I am on a small but healthy diet and cant loose any weight (107 kgs), I think it is because of stress

Thankyou

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

The HIV tests that you are talking about does not depend on only the antibodies. The test simultaneously also checks for p24 viral antigen or HIV RNA, apart from the antibodies. Also secondary to shock, there will be some destruction of antibodies momentarily, but it will be normal again within a week or so. If all antibodies had died for a patient, he won't survive, secondary to bacterial infections.
Since it came out to be negative by the end of 8th month, I can assure you, you have nothing to worry about. And that you do not have HIV. The results are definitely conclusive.

I'm not sure if the tests I took are gen 3 or gen 4. Also, can you link me to any litature that explains how electric shock affects or damages antibodies inside the body?

Note the shock was for a split second.

In most standard laboratories they do generation 4 tests now, since they are extremely accurate and are positive by a month following exposure.
But even Gen 3 tests, since it's negative after 8 months, HIV infection is ruled out completely.
Electrical shock for a split second won't cause any damage to immunity. If prolonged, it does destroy a few cells, but that is temporary and the effect is reversed very quickly.
The real issue with electrical shock is the scare of atrial fibrillation and cardiac arrest.
You can refer this article by emedicine health, which clearly states the major concern is cardiac issues, but nothing related to immunity.
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/electric_shock/page2_em.htm

The test was done 8 months past exposure, but it was only done 83 or 84 days past the shock. Can I consider myself conclusive?

Im not sure if you know how a car spark plug works, but it was pretty much that. A very high voltage, low amp, split second spark. Do I have anything to worry about?

Yes i can give you my complete assurance on your test results.
You do not have HIV.
And for a split second, it won't cause any major problems to be worried about.

Thank You very much. That is what I wanted to hear. I know that there is no cure. But I do know that you can live a long life on proper meds which is why I wanted your advice

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 1 Day.

You're welcome. I understand you had a lot of anxiety about this issue.
However now that you know it has been ruled out completely do not worry.
All the best and wish you great health!!