Are Genital warts one of the symptoms of STD?

Hello doctor. I feel the urge to urinate very frequently and have stomach pain every now and then. I found a small pimple on the lobe of vagina which hurts when being touched or wiped. I used to take contraceptive pills but I am not using it now due to some infections. When my periods are over I feel cramps in my vagina and it is so severe that it becomes hard to walk. I practice proper hygiene and wash myself well after using washroom. Is it a kind of genital wart? What should I do?

Thank you for your question. I need to tell you that any kind of pimple or genital wart or a mass should not be taken lightly unless diagnosed for STDs. A physical examination of the part is very much needed along with the blood/urine test done for STD. Your pain in stomach and cramps in vagina indicates STD unless being diagnosed negative for the test. Genital warts occur in the genitals when person undergo unprotected sex and can be anywhere in the area if contaminated with the infected fluid. HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) causes Genital warts, which can spread even by skin to skin contact of the sex organs. You need to go to your gynaecologist for check up and need to carry out the required test for STD. Blood culture is done to understand the type of organism involved and drugs are administered accordingly. I would recommend you people to make use of condom if undergoing sexual intercourse to save your partner from getting infected in case your report turns out to be positive. In such case you must get your partner tested for STD as well because this is really contagious. There is no need to worry about because early diagnosis would overcome your problem and you would lead a normal and healthy life. Good luck.