Hello, thanks for writing to us. Urinary complaints like increased frequency of urination and burning urination are the most common occurrences in females due to short urethra more so in adults due to varied reasons. Associated burning urination is mostly due to urinary tract infection. There are gynaecological causes and non-gynaecological causes for increased frequency of urination.
Non- gynaecological causes:
- Irritation to the urethra (urethritis) due to chemical or infection
- Bladder irritation due to bladder stone/ tuberculosis/tumor
- Early pregnancy in which it is a normal symptom
- Late pregnancy due to the increased pressure on the bladder by the growing fetus.
- Pressure on the urinary bladder by the ovarian cysts, uterine tumors or rarely even cervical cancer.
Coming to your case, increased frequency of urination is probably the normal physiological response due to pregnancy. It would just stop by itself and there is usually nothing to do. But there is a chance that it can recur in the late pregnancy due to mechanical pressure. Having sexual intercourse shouldn't cause any problem in your case. I would advise you to visit your gynaecologist and get everything examined and take his/ her suggestion regarding the sexual activity during pregnancy.
Hope this helps.