Athletic male with kidney pain and fatigue

I'm a 24 ur old athletic male. Last month I started having kidney pain as well as fatigue and as soccer training has continued I feel as if I'm getting in worse shape an like my heart is working harder and will even start to race when I'm resting. What's the deal?

In order to provide my best and learned opinion I will require some additional information from you.

1. Kidney pain is bit non specific term. By this do you mean pain in back or leg ? Is the pain coming down to your butt or legs ?

2. Is there shooting pains ?

3. Does the pain reduces when you lie down ? Is the pain always present ?

4. Are breathless in the night ? Do you wake because of breathless ?

5.Do you find ordinary activity gives you more fatigue than previously ? As in while climbing a flight of stairs ?

You can reply as a followup consult

1 - pain in my back right below/behind my ribs and nothing in my legs or butt

2 - no shooting pains now but originally when my kidneys first started hurting it had some shooting pains

3 - lying down didn't help and it was always present but now it seems to have subsided i just mentioned it in case it might be related

4- don't notice being breathless at night or waking up that way

5 - and yes ordinary activities like climbing stairs can make my heart race and feel out of breath

Thank you for providing the additional information.

The symptoms patter of the pain you have described is non-specific. By non-specific I mean it does not point towards a single diagnosis and most of the cases the pain is musculoskeletal in origin. (from the bones, joints or ligaments). So there is nothing much to worry about it as of now.

I recommend an OTC pain reliever like Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily after food for 3-4 days. Avoid exertions or manual exercises. The pain should get relieved in 3 days under normal circumstances. If that is not the case you will require further evaluation which should include an Xray, Urine test and if needed blood tests.

The racy heart and feeling of breathlessness could be due anemia (low haemoglobin). But if there is any stress or anxiety you are facing that you are facing, that very well can cause this. So try to stay calm and relaxed. Once the pain disappears the breathlessness and racy heart feeling should improve. If not, you will to get your Haemoglobin levels tests, along with an ECG and a chest examination by your Doctor.

Please feel free to ask followup questions