Blood in stools during BM. What to do?

The last 2 times I have had a BM there have been drops of blood in the toilet and on the paper. It seems like there's a tear near the back of my anus. There is not blood on my stool, just drops during the BM. It's slightly uncomfortable afterwards but nothing severe. This morning when I wiped after urinating, there was a small amount of dried blood on the TP.

I spoke with my OB yesterday, and she said I should consult my PCP, because she couldn't do much. I don't have a PCP, so I'm wondering how I should proceed. I actually have an initial appointment with one but not until March. Should I go to an ECare or emergency room to get checked out, or wait it out? I'm fairly certain its a tear from the self examinations I've done, but made the mistake of googling my symptoms, and have put myself into a panic :)

I had a second BM this morning that was much looser than the one yesterday and this morning. No blood in the bowl or t&p.

Category: General Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 4 Days.

Is this the first time you are seeing blood in your motion?
Do you have any history of constipation/ hemorrhoids in the past? Or anyone with hemorrhoids in your family?
If this is a sudden isolated episode of blood in motion coupled with loose stools, it could even be due to an infection, in which case it will settle down once the infection is treated.
However you said there is a tear near your anus. Were you able to feel a tear, or did you feel like a skin tag?

I do not have a history of any of those things. I have not felt a tear with my fingers, but the irritation after a BM or wiping after urinating is consistent with other cuts I've had on my body. As of this morning I haven't had any more BMs or blood. No known history of henmaroids, and not much constipation. My stools are usually very loose. The initial sight of blood did come after a harder BM, however.

Expert:  Dr. Hari Charan Perigela replied 3 Days.

As per your description, it looks like a crack inside the Anal canal called Fissure in ano which causes bleeding per rectum. Here,there will be pain while passing stool along with bleeding.
If there is no pain, then it could be haemorrhoids.
Your stool should be soft.
Please drink plenty of liquids, atleast 3 to 4 litres a day.
Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Avoid Non vegetarian food.
It's not an emergency. You can wait for your appointment.
You should change your dietary habits.
It will come down.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela
Fellowship: DNB, General Surgery, National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, 2001
Residency: MS, General Surgery, Sri Venkateswara Medical College,Tirupathi, 2000
Medical School: MBBS, Kurnool Medical college, 1995