Can chemical substances in food cause holes in organ.

May I ask somewhat odd question. Now I got the counsel for the OCD.
While I eating fastfood in restaurant I found some material not famiiar to me.
2days after I visit same restaurant and eat same food. but there was no same material that found in 2days ago. After that event, I though what was that?. what if that substance is fatal to health...etc... Of course that though is very unrealistic..becuase I am still arrive...
after that I found Chemical substances and food materials that could have toxin or dangerous. But I am very counfused. Would you pls. tell me that what I want to know.
If I eat some chemical substances which have toxin, is it possible for that substance to act later or act right after eating but acting very slowly so I cannot know now. (we could know after 2-5 month later???)
I know that our body has the function of detoxing the toxin, would you pls. explain that what if our body fail to detox and cannot eliminate it in body. What happen. the accumulate somewhere and attack our cell or organ until we die??
and Last, After some toxin attack cell or organ, that volum of toxin is still same or smaller then the original.
If I know that materils, I don't need to worry, But becuase I don't know toxicity or body mechanisem that I am very curious.
As far as I know that fatal toxin act right after eating or breathing. Do you think it is possible to act some bad effect in later only after eating one time...
I know this thinking is very unrealistic and odd. Pls explain me with more scientic backgound. Sorry to ask odd question. Thank you .
P.S is it possible to for our cell or organ be melted or getting holes in organs with chemical materials with toxin? (not with acid materials...) my image in my thinking is some organ got be melted or hole with chemical substance's Toxin....
is it possible ? or is it happen in S.F movie. Sorry to ask odd question. Ths.

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.
It was very nice to hear from you again.
Toxins can sometimes very very rarely occur in the food. Of those 9 in 10 may cause only vague discomfort for a day or so due to gastritis. Its only in 1 in 10 chances that intoxication with a toxin can happen where there can be liver or kidney toxicity. Even in that case, the intoxication symptoms occur within 2 hours to 24 hours of food intoxication. If you are comfortable for atleast 72 hours there is no chance that there could be any intoxication.
You are safe.
There is nothing that can melt organs or drill holes in them except acids, which would also cause damage to the skin etc. You mentioned that things like these happen in science fiction movies. It is clear from the name itself that what you see in them is not real. Fiction means something untrue and not real. So please do not worry about things in those movies happening in real life. They will not.
These thoughts are troubling you a lot. Your question states many times that even you feel that the thoughts are very unrealistic. You need to get treated for these thoughts more intensively.
Kind regards, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD.

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.