Can CT without contrast show tomour in CEREBELLUM?

Hi doctor ,
Sorry to bother you once again.. I had a ct scan yesterday of my brain with no contrast if a tumor was present and causing dizziness would it have shown up on the ct scan they said it look normal the test that is .. If I had a tumor causing me the trouble in the cerebellum would it show ?

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query.
A CT scan would be able to pick up a tumor in cerebellum too. However, very small tumors (measuring less than 5 mm) may be missed on CT scan. The small tumors would be picked up only on the MRI scan of brain.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

would a tumor smaller than 5mm cause my dizziness? or would the tumor be causing other symptoms besides vertigo in the cerebellum? ive had two ct scans within the last month dizziness just started this past week.. should i be worried about a tumor in my cerebellum.. both ct scans were clear

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 3 Days.

Thank you for getting back.
A tumor in cerebellum would cause additional symptoms, such as imbalance while walking, vomiting, visual blurring, etc.
You need not worry about tumor in cerebellum, as you do not have additional symptoms.
Best wishes,
Senior Consultant Neurologist

hi doctor sorry to bother you again. i was recently trying the rombergs test on myself and at some points i feel like where my spine meets the base of my skull like my head/neck starts to vibrate. is this due to anxiety? or is this a related symptom to a brain tumor symptom? im very concerned .. my primary doctor is scheduled to see me on the 17th of august

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 2 Days.

Thank you for getting back.
I have noted the report of your Rhomberg's test. These are due to anxiety, and are not related to tumor in brain.
Please let me know about your progress in future too.
Best wishes,
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Hi doctor so I'm getting anxious . My appointment is right around the corner. I am having this sharp pain in my head whenever I tap the bridge of my nose it only happens when I do this it doesn't go away with 800mg motrion .. So when I tap my nose pretty hard it hurts on the right side of my head in one spot . When I press on that spot it hurts also with a sharp pain that feels like the inside of my head. I had a ct scan less than a month ago would the brain tumor have picked up a tumor causing this ? Sorry to bother you thanks ! I'm still getting vertigo /dizziness every now and than

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995