Can i get HIV via blade and cut wound?

Hello Doctor,I had a shave on 5th March at a decent salon where the barber accidently gave me a cut on a mole on my left cheek. Now i m worrying a lot over the risk of getting an HIV through this. I had a haircut first and then shave and there was no other customer all this while. I asked the barber about the blade and he said had used a new blade but still its worrying me. Should i go for test? if so which test would let me know the results at earliest? Plz help!!

Thank you for asking your query :

I believe you need not worried about contracting HIV.The probability here is significantly less.But there is always a theoretical possibility that you HIV could be transmitted via the blade and cut wound.

So if you really want to be sure, you need to do a Rapid HIV/Antibody test after 4 weeks (Tests can be positive from 2 weeks). But in some cases it may take upto 3 months for the antibody to be positive.

Also checking again with the barber whether he uses fresh blade is not a bad idea. You can never be sure about many things in the world, IMHO you are not at risk.

Hope this help

With Inputs from Dr. Kalanidhi Selvan , ART clinic GSH.