Cause for BLOATING with EPIGASTRIC BURNING, painful yellowish stools.

The past few weeks I have been suspicious of my gallbladder or pancreas acting up, it started as a constant, but not painful epigastric burning different from heart burn, then it subsided and has now migrated more to my right side just below my ribs but still just a burning. In the past week i have been bloated, extremely gassy and my bowel movements have been once a day, extremely painful soft yellowish/orangey some float. Yesterday extreme migraine probably unrealted but thought I would mention everything. Yesterday and today no bowel movements and no appetite.

I am a sonographer, I have no murphys sign, no evidence of gallstones, cholecystitis or pancreatitis

I dont have insurance so no labs to correate with.

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

I am Dr.R,K and I am pleased to assist you.
Epigastric and pain under the ribs on the right can occur due to issues related to gallbladder, liver, pancreas and acidity.
Since Murphy's sign is negative and there is no evidence of gallstones, pancreatitis, the pain is less likely to be due to GB or pancreatic issues. I presume the USG also showed a normal liver.
So you need to rule out peptic ulcer disease. Since you have mentioned it is a burning pain, peptic ulcer disease is more likely. An upper Gi endoscopy may be done to look for peptic ulcer. Meanwhile you can take prilosec for relief.
The abdominal bloat and gas are other dyspeptic symptoms that point more towards peptic ulcer disease.
You need not worry about the floating stools. High fat diet and increased gas can cause stool to float.
If the bowel movements are still painful get a stool test done to rule out infection.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University