Cause for night sweats, light headed, fatigue and diarrhea.

I am a 21 year old male in good shape, I have recently lost 20 pounds.

This past weekend (7 days ago) I was at a music festival for 3 days and felt fine (I did not take any drugs and did not overexert myself). Then on the final day I felt a bit light headed and had a lot of diarrhea. I rested up that day and went to work on monday, when I felt very fatigued. I had a few chills, and a bit of sweats during the day and went home to sleep it off. That night I had night sweats that left me very wet. I woke up the next day to try to go to work and only lasted a couple hours at work before I felt very fatigued. I thought it was perhaps heat exhaustion, but I stayed very hydrated and cool.

It has now more or less lasted 6 days. I feel fatigue that is localized in my head and eyes, and I sweat occasionally in my sleep (although less and less). The diarrhea hasn't appeared in a few days but I still am not having normal bowel movements. The fatigue could be categorized as dull, and lasting about 2-3 hours during the day, and then the rest of the day I just feel mildly tired (it's worse earlier in the day and improves after around 2:00pm.

I am not experiencing nausea, vomiting or fever. I thought perhaps this is mono but I have no pain or aches in my body and I am able to get out of bed. I would be grateful for any help.

Best,
Christopher

Hello Mr. Christopher.
Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

You seem to be recovering from a viral infection. The initial diarrhea and feeling light headed were the first symptoms. Chills, fatigue and sweating all indicate the same.

Viral infections are notorious for the fatigue that accompanies them. It also tends to last for quite some time, a week or two.

If you have any swollen lymph nodes, then this could be Infectious Mononucleiosis.

However, determining the specific causative virus is not really required as treatment is only supportive.

I would suggest that you take a Tylenol, thrice daily, for 3 days. This should help with your symptoms, as sweating indicates a mild fever. Take adequate rest during this period and avoid over exertion.

All in all, nothing to worry as you are well on your way to a complete recovery.

I hope this was helpful. Feel free to ask queries.