Chronic insomnia.

lack of sleep/ premature aging of skin

Hello and thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
Please can you give me more information, so that I can give you an informed opinion.
Since when have you noticed the aging of your skin?
Are you on any medication?
If possible please can you upload some pictures of your skin.

Please reply as a follow up and I will advise you accordingly.
Thankyou

tx for your reply....i suffer ftom chronic depession 7 years from now, wich have huge impact on my sleeping, ive been sleeping 4 to 5 hours per day. My question is, how this sittuation of poor sleeping will influence my skin.....will i look older due poor sleeping or its just a myth?

Hello again,

Poor sleeping by itself doesn't influence the skin. However, not getting proper sleep doesn't give enough rest to the body and as a result of which the tiredness shows on your face and there are also dark circles which gives you an aged look.

But there is no speeding up of the aging process due to lack of proper sleep.

tx for your reply...but theres a study showin the opposite u just said....if u dont mind to take a look.....http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/07/130723155002.htm ......wud like to know your thoughts on this recent study if you dont mind

Thanks for sharing this new study with me. Its quite interesting.

My comments would be that since its a new study that has been conducted, its wise to consider that it could be possible and accordingly try and modify the problem of lack of sleep. However, the concept is still being studied, so i would suggest that you do not take too much stress about it.

Emotional stress regarding any matter can hasten the aging of skin.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.

ty for your clarify......one last question , from the deep knowledge you have form the skin structure, the fact of being male, can i suffer hypothetically less impact then a femalle, due skin thickness?

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

There will not be any difference in the impact of the condition on skin due to skin thickness of a male or a female.

I hope this has helped.
Thankyou