Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I am Dr..R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
I would like to have some more information before I can give my opinion.
1. Your age and sex
2. Do your symptoms wake you up from sleep?
3. Any weight loss?
4. Thyroid function test done?
5. Test for celiac disease done?
6. What are the tests done so far?
Patient replied :
1. 29 and male
2. When i wake up im usually fine for 5-10 minutes then cramps start to slowly set it, at night i have to sleep on my left hand side or my stomach cramps
3. Yes but im an avid gym goer so not sure which caused it
4. nope ive always been palmed off with ibs by doctors with no tests
Hope to hear from you soon
Thanks for the additional information.
The information you have given points towards irritable bowel syndrome only except for the weight loss.
The following tests may be done.
Complete blood count, blood glucose, stool analysis, thyroid function test, upper GI endoscopy with small bowel biopsy and a colonoscopy.
Meanwhile you can take the following for relief- tablet Librax and tablet Rifaximin.
You discuss with your doctor before taking these medications.
Let me know if you have any more questions.