Diarrhea and blood test showing HIV positive

Hello sir,

Few weeks back i consult Gastroenterologist Dr as I was having stomach ache and light Diarrhea My case ID is CS101420130246.The Dr told me to have a stool check up but instead i went for a blood test yesterday . And the result was i was HIV positive
The test result was 1)Trispot test Reactive for HIV-1 antibodies and Reactive for HIV antibodies
2)SD-Bioline Reactive for HIV-1 antibodies and Reactive for HIV antibodies
3) Comb Aids Reactive for HIV antibodies
The counselor told me that CD4 test must be done and The HIV/AIDS Dr. can be consulted and only give me what prescription is needed. But the CD4 test machine was not functioning so i have to wait for one or two weeks. when i check for the symptom i had light Swollen lymph nodes in the groin, under the arm pit and light pain in the thigh.
While waiting for the CD4 machine to function can you please give me any medication to reduce some of the symptoms.

zo

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

The CD4 count is needed to decide upon the Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART) for the AIDS. Meanwhile you can take symptomatic mediation. For the pain and lymph node inflammation you can take an NSAID (anti inflammatory and pain medication) like Ibuprofen 400mg twice daily after food. We do not prescribe online, so kindly take this in consult with your Doctor.

Please feel free to ask follwoup questions / calrifications.

Thanks for the pain medication meanwhile while i wait for for the cd4 count machine to function can you suggest any vitamins etc in order to boost my immune system.

regards
zo

You can take a Zinc containing multivitamin (for example Riconia) once a day. Eat good nutritious food. This is should be enough. I will keep this consult open if you wish to get back to me with the CD4 results.

My CD4 count result is 241

You will require ART (anti retroviral therapy). You can receive these medications at free of cost at Govt. Medical Colleges and hospitals. Please get in touch with a facility near to you.