Eczema contagious?

If your girl pregnant with your baby and have with another man that have eczema . Can your baby get eczema to ? Or will that baby become his instead of mine? Cuz now baby born and he have eczema :((

Thank you for your query at DoctorSPring. My apologies for the delay with respect to the response due to unforeseen circumstances.

There is NO DEFINITE role of heredity in eczema. It maybe due to genetic factors plus environmental factors.

Just because the baby has eczema, it DOES NOT MEAN that the father is somebody else who has eczema.

To conclusively establish the paternity of the child, a DNA test is the most reliable and recommended test.

All the best.
Please feel free to ask further follow up questions.

She told me she miss her period on February n said she 100% sure it was mine. Then June she lie to me she had the miscarriage . Now she have new baby boy born on October. Does seem rite that she could been pregnent all along with my child .

Hi again,

As she has delivered in October, she definitely conceived in January.

So yes the baby is most likely yours.

I'm sorry the other man have xerosis and baby have eczema. Is xerosis make my baby have eczema or the mother cuz she have very poor liver health and allergic to seafood? Could that the baby to have eczema

Hello again,

There is no specific cause identified for eczema.
It is a combination of inherited factors and environmental influences like allergy plus infection.

The other man and the baby both having eczema would naturally heighten your apprehensions, but there is no way a conclusion can be drawn based on this event.

You would have to and should go for DNA paternity testing to clear all doubts for a lifetime.

All the best.