Expelled contents after drinking liquor. Will affect BREATH ANALYSER?

I'm a 5'4" female and I have GERD. My question lies in this, I was recently in a situation where i had consumed about 16oz of malt liquor over a span of 3hrs. Drinking slowly of course because I didnt want a flare up. Incidently, approximately 2 hrs after my last sip i had expelled the contents of my stomach. The reason I explain the circumstances is because it directly affects my question which is: does having GERD and the situation I explained effect a Breathalyzer? My director and lead doctor of my ER says that its possible for it to appear as if you just took a sip and blew making the BAC much higher than it actually is. Is this true? Its not that i dont believe him, I just like to know all opinions in this reguard out there. Thank-You

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

The BAC concentration will not be very high, or higher than expected.
You drank it over a period of 3 hours, and also expelled the contents after 2 hours, by the time which a major part would have already been metabolised.
Considering that, the BAC will be lower.
I would suggest a 2 week course of Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg twice daily, and this will help your GERD.

After the regurgitation would contiued burping effect it in any way. I suppose maybe I didnt explain myself clearly, i had my last drink and then maybe 2 hrs later threw up the last drink. Not only was it incredibly painful but the burning in the back of my mouth and throat it was like i had snorted the alcohol.

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

Was the BAC test performed on you?
No, I meant to say since you drank the alcohol over a period of time, a good part of it would have been metabolised.
The BAC still won't be higher than usual.
Are you on any medications?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University