Eye bulging out, IRIS loses balance. Reason.

This is what my dad noticed in his eye today. I would like to know what this it. It is bulging out a bit and there's no pain or blurry eyes or anything such. But at times, the iris of that eye loses its balance slightly. Your help is highly appreciated. Kindly advise on what it might be and what to do now.

Category: Ophthalmologist

Expert:  Dr. Manish Malhotra replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at Doctorspring.com
From the picture it looks like a feeder vessel with a mass.
It is an emergency and needs immediate attention by a oculoplastic surgeon.
So kindly take your father as soon as possible.
Let me know if you have follow up queries,

Thank you for the prompt reply. May I please know whether this could be an eye tumor or something related to melanoma cancer?

Expert:  Dr. Manish Malhotra replied 3 Days.

Not a melanoma but could be a squamous cell carcinoma.
It is treatable if you take him quickly to the surgeon.
Once you had the consult let me know,

Dear Doctor, The mass is surely larger and more bulged than yesterday. Since we live in Maldives, neither there are Oculoplastic Surgeons nor the treatments for such cases. He is now planning to go to Sri Lanka but that quickest date for that is even 8th December 2014 because of his work and arranging the tickets. Due to the fast growth of the mass, what could be the worst case of this duration until he could go? Moreover, there are similar masses on the other eye as well. But they seem a bit smaller. Please advise on what to do.

Expert:  Dr. Manish Malhotra replied 2 Days.

You need a consultation at the earliest but let me rest assure you its nothing that it will worsen in days , you have ample time to move and go to a good surgeon, so that it can be examined , tested , & excised. A biopsy also needs to be taken.
Its important to have a good doctor with late consult than have a doctor with incomplete treatment

Dr. Manish Malhotra
Fellowship: L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
Fellow Pediatric Ophthalmology & Squint (L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad)
Medical School, Residency: MBBS, DOMS, FLVPEI, Nagpur university, 1995