Fever, cough with phlegm, pain on swallowing.

On Monday, March 2, 2015, I had a cough with phlegm and I also had fever though probably not that high but I'm sure I had fever. I took tylenol and robitussin to relive cough, phlegm and fever. At present(March 6,2015), there is still some cough and some phlegm but only of little amount...However, what concerns me most is that when I woke up earlier this morning, I feel like there is a little growth below my jaw which I would probably assume is a lymph node? I can still do everything normally I just find it annoying as when I swallow, I can feel a little pain(using pain rating scale I would say a 1-2 out of 10).

Should I be alarmed? Is this serious? What should I do?

Thanks!

Thank you for your query at Doctorspring.com
From your history, you seem to be suffering from upper respiratory tract infection ( URTI ), and hence the lymph node swelling. You need to start an antibiotic course and once the infection resolves, the lymph node swelling will also go down.
I will advise you a course of Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily to be taken for 7 days. It is a combination of Amoxicillin + Clavulanic Acid and is very effective in such infections.
You can also take Syrup. Ascoril 2 teaspoons twice daily to reduce the coughing and drain the trapped mucus.

Should I take antibiotics even though symptoms have decreased? Like I don't seem to be coughing as often nor have that much phlegm nor fever...Thanks!

If symptoms have subsided you won't need antibiotics. You can just continue using cough syrup for you cough. Lymph node swelling should also subside as it was a reaction of the body to infection that had caused cough to you.
Hope it was helpful