Fuzzy feelinng in head with lightheadedness aggravated by motion

I have a very fuzzy feeling in my head. Almost like a constant lightheadedness. I feel sensitive to motion like if I look away quickly or move around too much it is definitely heightened. Staring at the computer screen is making it worse as well. It feels like constant pressure in my head. It is genuinely starting to creep me out and I'm not sure what to do. It feels like I'm just not all .. there.

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

Your current symptoms are suggestive of vertigo, which is present at rest and is getting aggravated with neck and head movements. These symptoms can occur as part of migraine, when it is called migrainous vertigo.

For relief of symptoms, you can take betahistine tablets. If you were my patient,I would start you on 16 mg of betahistine three times daily. Along with this, you would require preventive migraine medications such as topiramate or beta blockers or divalproex.

You should get better in a week or two. If not, it may be useful to get a brain MRI done and also have an ENT evaluation.

I hope it helps. Please feel free to discuss further.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995