Getting sick and stomach upset after getting emossion.

When I get upset I latter get sick mad or sad mostly and so far it only upsets my stomach as far as I know I have had this for a while and wish it gone it has increased other unhealthy habits I have had for years old patientand worry they will cause more health issues due to the fact I no longer try to show or have emissions in fear of getting sick to the point I do not know how to show felling of wow think u so much for this yes where going to six flags. So I would like to know y do I get sick and can my no longer showing emissions and may be bottling them up do something bad even to the point of not caring about most everything do something like I hear people get brain Tumours and other bad things or is that just something they made up?

Category: Psychiatrist

Expert:  Dr. Srikanth Reddy replied 4 Days.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.
First and foremost, you will never develop any serious physical illness, say cancer, if you dont express the emotion and keep them to yourself.
Secondly you are getting sick after expression of emotions cause your body has learnt it this way. You need to unlearn this and learn proper ways of expression of emotions through behaviour therapy and biofeedback therapy. These both will help you in getting back the control over the bodily processes and make you feel better. They may work after 6-8 weeks but will help you in long run.
If you have any further query, do let me know.
Kind regards.
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Doctor of Medicine (MD), Psychiatry Residency Program,2001 – 2012
M.B.B.S,Mahatma Gandhi Institute Of Medical Sciences, Sevagram

Certificate Course in sex Therapy and Counselling, Sexology and Counselling, A
Sexology,Medikon Sexual Sciences, Mumbai

Training in Advanced Neurology at a leading corporate hospital (CARE hospital) in Hyderabad

Child Psychiatry Training in National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences, Bangalore

Sex Therapy and Counsellingat MEDIKON Sexual Sciences, Mumbai.