Granuloma Pyogenicum.

I have a red, raised growth on my shoulder. I have an appointment in two weeks, but am concerned it could be something serious. It is smaller than a pencil eraser and I have had for some time. It is close to weary bra strap sits. I can send a picture.

Thanks for posting your query.

It seems to be a condition called as granuloma pyogenicum. It is a harmless vascular tumour. It's benign. It grows on areas of constant friction. That explains the location in your case.

It needs to be excised out by your doctor , it has a tendency to bleed with constant friction.

It can also grow in size and can be quite bothersome due to the tendency to bleed.

There is nothing to worry about.

I am worried about it being a modular melanoma. Based on the picture I sent, do you think I can rule this out?

It looks like granuloma pyogenicum. However, nodular melanoma can be a possibility. It's best to get it excised and send it for a microscopic examination. That will help rule out a nodular melanoma.