A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Having severe pain in my testicles since a week

Resolved Question:

I'm pretty scared, it all started awhile back when I started getting a red itch around my crotch area, then I couldn't get an erection. The doctor gave me some fungus killer prescription and the itching went right down, yet I still couldn't get an erection. In The past while I've passed blood while doing the toilet, and constant constipation while it's happening. So I went to the doctor and am about to start using treatment for that. Now over the past week in my lower abs/testicle area I feel constant pain all of a sudden, almost like someone's lightly squeezing my testicles, and I still find it hard to get an erection. What do you think this could be, its really worrying me. Thanks.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. John Monheit is online now

Expert:  Dr. John Monheit replied 4 Days.

Hello, Testicles are sensitive structures. Any discomfort or pain in the testicles causes a disproportionate amount of concern to men. Testicles are usually associated with masculinity and virility and produce spermatozoa and testosterone. The common causes of testicular pain are:

a)Direct injury.

b)Infections – orchitis and epididymitis

c)Varicocele , epididymal cyst, hydrocele


e)Torsion of testis

f)Kidney stones

g)Testicular cancer.

Testicular pain may start in one or both testicles or somewhere in the groin or abdomen. Other causes of testicular pain include Diabetic neuropathy, idiopathic testicular pain, mumps, undescended testicles and so on. Whenever there is severe testicular pain it is a sign of testicular torsion because of loss of blood supply that requires immediate medical treatment and may lead to infertility if not treated promptly .If the infection is caused by bacteria, it should be treated with antibiotics. In non-urgent cases like minor injuries and fluid collection, you can provide a support to the scrotum with an athlete support and apply ice to the swelling. You can also take a painkiller like tablet ibuprofen twice a day after food for a week to relieve the pain. I would suggest to you try this for a week and if there is no relief then you can consult your surgeon for further assessment. Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.