HCG hormone test to check pregnancy duration

Hello, I just got an HCG hormone test, to check how long I've been pregnant. Last Period was July 17th and I have light spotting today. Result was 677.28. Could you tell me how many weeks is that?

Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring.

With the value of 677.28, I would place you between 4 - 5 weeks, based on standard tables.

Please remember that B HCG values are extremely unreliable to date a pregnancy, because normal ranges are huge, and each woman further exhibits different ' normal ' ranges of B HCG.

Measurement of B HCG is important if it is done serially to know if the pregnancy is progressing normally.

With the light spotting that you have, it is better to go for a transvaginal pelvic ultrasound, which will serve a better purpose in both ways - for exact dating of pregnancy, and for knowing if the pregnancy is viable and normal.

Meanwhile, as you have your ultrasound, take adequate rest. Avoid any kind of stress, jerks or intercourse.

All the best. Please feel free to discuss further.

I have an appointment tomorrow for an ultrasound. But I just saw a rash on my stomach! like small slightly itchy red dots, Just happened now! Should I go see a doctor ASAP instead of waiting till tomorrow?

I'm not sure what's happening in this pregnancy, I didn't have any of these symptoms in my first.

Since you have an appointment tomorrow, you can wait it out, unless the rash gets quite severe , or is accompanied by other more ominous symptoms, such as high grade fever, wheezing etc.

If you CAN see a doctor right away, nothing like it.
It could be the beginning of an allergic reaction to fabric or some medication or substance, or pruritus which is common in pregnancy.

Mild derangement of liver function in pregnancy could cause this.
It could indicate the beginning of some infection , however without seeing it, its difficult to opine.