Headache between eyebrows

ello, I have a question regarding this weird headache that started yesterday, it is right between my eyebrows, and it is a pretty painful headache, it hurts when I apply just the smallest amount of pressure, it is very tender. It just came on suddenly yesterday and has been pretty constant thru today, it is worse Sometimes, and it pulsates it seem like it's in line with my heart beat, it just a weird location right in the middle of my forehead and it hurts to touch it, that's why I'm asking because I've never had a headache like this befor

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com.

The most likely cause for your headache could be migraine. Even though you have not had a headache episode earlier, the most common cause for a first time headache of this nature would be migraine.

As of now, you can take an analgesic such as ibuprofen or diclofenac tablet for relief of pain.

If symptoms persist or if the headache recurs, then, it would be better to see a neurologist and get a brain scan done.

As of now, there is no need to worry.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries.

Best wishes,

Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995