Herpes Zoster on Azithromycin.

Hi Doc,

I had previously consulted you, my Consultation ID: - CS012220140530.

In that you had recommended to take another HIV test after 6 weeks. Now I wanted to know few thing: -

1.0 Is it necessary for me to get tested again?
2.0 No exposure after 16th december 2013, as mentioned on the previous questions
3.0 I am really stressed out thinking I will have to go through the testing again
4.0 As my Herpes Zoster was not completely resolved, doctor had prescribed me these medicines Althrocin 250 mg (3 times a day for 10 days) & Ebast 20 (2 times a day for 10 days), now I do not know when I stopped taking these medicines, so if I take the testing now, will it be conclusive, or these medicines will play some role in the results, shall I wait for the few days before testing again?

I have reviewed your old consult. You had a negative HIV test on 21st January 2014 as per that consult. And you latest sexual encounter is of very low risk as per your description. A repeat testing at 6 or 12 weeks is only for 'technical completion'. In you case considering your low risk scenario you can skip the repeat test.

The reason I suggested a repeat test was because a negative test result would give you a reassurance.

If you plan to go for the test Azithromycin and Ebast will NOT affect the results.

Feel free to ask followups

Thank you doc.

One more question. The place where I go, " Any Lab Tests" gives me results in one business day by conducting, 4th Generation Test. While one other place does a quick screening and then takes upto 7 days to screen antibodies and give actual results and they also do syphilis testing.

Now, wanted to know that the test which I am or have underwent 2 times was at Any Lab Test and they gave me results in 1-2 Business days, are these tests legitimate? Or the 7 business day period of the other testing center is the logical step to do?

I am confused and doubting my previous results. If you can provide some insight on this I will be glad.

Both tests are reliable. (Assuming that both are accredited laboratories ). HIV tests can be done in a day. The only reason why one lab is taking 7 days is because it might be having high volumes or because it is sending the samples elsewhere. As I said you really do not require a test, but if you are going for a test you only require a simple screening antibody test.

Thank you so much Doc.