HIGH BP, PROTEIN in urine due to kidney problem.

High BP and Protien in urine (kidney related) : Hi - I am having high BP sometimes 180/120 and also foudn from the tests that there is some kidney related issue as well - I would like to know if high BP and kidney issue are correlated . I will attach the reports directly so that you can get a better idea Also I would like to understand the severity of this - suggestions and probable treatment plan . Currently I am prescribed : 1..clindipine 10mg ,2.. sodium bicarbonate 500 mg , 3..Atorvastatin(10mg)+Ezetimibe(10mg)

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 4 Days.

The holter may not catch the abnormality if the heart rate doesn't increase during those 24 hours. Heart rate of 150 could be due to anxiety or due to some electrical circuit abnormalities causing supraventricular tachycardia. Beta blockers would have been a great solution for both of them. But you are not tolerating them. There is another drug called ivabradine which will only lower your heart rate to 55 or 60 and prevent sinus tachycardia as in conditions like anxiety. You could ask your doctor for a prescription of ivabradine. If after ivabradine you continue to get tachycardia you may undergo electrophysiological testing of the heart circuit and if some abnormality is found you could undergo treatment called radio frequency ablation. But that is if ivabradine fails.

Dr Vivek Mahajan
DM Cardiology

Dr. Vivek Mahajan
Fellowship: DM, Cardiology, PGIMER, 2013
Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, AIIMS, 2007
Internship: King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital, 2003 
Medical School: MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, 2002