Hirsutism in PCOS.

I have PCOS and have hair growth on my chin since stopiping my OCP. I have tried waxing,tweezing,hair removal cream and epilation
These all cause spots that look as bad as the hair. I don't know what to do

Hello, thankyou for approaching DoctorSpring with your query.
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Hirsutism ( excessive hair growth ) associated with PCOS has to be treated with combination of methods.
Since it is primarily hormone related, the basic problem has to be corrected.
This can be achieved with a variety of agents, but the best is OCP ( oral contraceptive pills ).
ANti androgen agents can be used , but OCP have least side effects.
Permanent laser hair removal is the best option for you, if the problem is persistent and recurrent.
Once you have used 6 months of OCP, then it is best to go for permanent laser hair removal.
Temporary methods such as epilation or hair creams often leave long term scarring and darkening .
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Thankyou

I have stopped taking the pill as my husband and I wish to have a baby. Are there any medications that would be suitable to use whilst also trying to get pregnant? Thanks

Hello again.
Unfortunately, both anti androgens and birth control pills cannot obviously be used when you are attempting to get pregnant, as they adversely effect the baby.
When you are trying to conceive, the best option for you is cosmetic procedures for hair removal - temporary or permanent.
Pregnancy itself, once you conceive, will improve PCOS symptoms, and hence benefit the hirsutism.
Until then, please go for hair removal procedures at a reputed dermatologist's centre.