HIV positive wife and negative husband

Hello Sir/ Madam ,
Today my wife test HIV and the result was positive and I did the same thing and mine was negative,
my wife she did test the HIV last month and it was the same , I'm not sure why I don't have HIV ?

Info: I am 29 years old and my wife is 30 years old , I live in Canada and she lives in Pakistan and she did the test because of Canadian Immigration Medical test.
I went to Pakistan to see her and family and stayed there for 3 months and the last time we had sex was 2 months ago. we never had a sex relationship with anyone else,

I will upload the result of my wife and mine that u can see and help me with it

SJ

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

I understand that this could be tiring and frustrating time for you. I will try my best to help you out here.

There are few possibilities here.
Your wife's infection seem to be recent. By recent I mean possibly within last 5 months.
I would recommend a PCR Viral load test also for your wife. For confirmation and for treatment decision (along with other standard tests)

Now your HIV negative status could be due to two reasons :

1. You are not infected. Not every sexual relationship need to result in HIV in this scenario. The more frequent the contact, the higher the risk. So if you did not have frequent sex during this time there is high chance you are not infected.

2. You are in the window period. (Yet to turn positive.) This less likely.

I would recommend you to go for a repeat Combo testing after 1 month.

Hope this clarifies.
Feel free to ask followups