How to remove genital warts inside vagina?

Hi doctor, I am passing through one of the toughest times in my life. It seems there is some genital warts inside my vagina. I feel it sometimes and I searched around internet for a solution, which no one helped. Is there any way to get genital warts inside vagina be removed? I heard that there is no complete curing for HPVs and only removal of warts are possible. But how to remove genital warts if they are right inside the vagina? Can regular creams used for treating warts in skin work inside vagina? Please help. 

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

As you heard, there is no complete cure for genital warts caused by HPV infections. Anyway, there are some methods of treatments available. You can consult your doctor for the best method which will work fine on you. Cryotherapy, which includes liquid nitrogen treatment to kill warts is one of the popular methods to remove warts. Radiation treatment, application of skin creams also will work in removing genital warts. But it is better get consulted with some uroglogist or gynec, before starting treatment. In your case, it is a little bit complicated, as your warts are inside vagina.  Try applying creams like Podophilox, on your own and as per the directed dosage in the label of the medicine. Take care.

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center