I was anorexic when 16yrs, now put on weight, feeling depressed.

can't lose weight... (I'm 5'5" weight 164 and am 20 years old)Here's the back story: When I was 14-16 I was anorexic and depressed. I was 5-5" and weighed 95-100 pounds. My family never questioned me about my weight and never questioned when I said I wasn't hungry because I already ate. I didn't recover with therapy or medication. I meant my fiance around then simply became happy again. After awhile I started eating and my weight became normal. When I look at pictures from that time, I can't beliece I was so thin. You could see my ribs and I looked like I could blow away with the wind. Now having these fat rolls and being 10 sizes larger is really hard on me. And no one understands why I'm hurt so bad and why my current weight is so so depressing. Nothing I do works to lose weight. I can't do a lot of exercise because during my anorexia stage I was a flyer for a cheerleading squad and have permanently damaged my knee. I'm lost and am not happy with myself. My fiance tells me I'm beautiful but its hard to believe when I don't see it and especially hard to deal with when he's underweight and I weigh more than him.

Hello, Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.

I understand what you are going through. But, firstly I want you to understand that it's not a taboo to be fat, you are very lucky that your husband appreciates you. Its very understandable you are feeling low, but its time you pull up your self esteem. There are counseling sessions for this. Do not cut down on your food and nutrition, this wouldn't help you much. Instead reduce fatty food and have more of fruits and vegetables.

If exercise is not an option because you have hurt your knee, you can try doing yoga. There are specific exercises you can avoid which involves knee. You can also try doing meditation.  You can pay attention on your diet, have more of protein like skinned out meat and egg, fruits, dry fruits like cashew and almonds.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask follow-up questions