INCIDENTALOMA with ARNOL CHIARI TYPE1 in MRI. MASS?

Hi doctor, so I just got my mri test results they said no findings to do with my symptoms . They did mention that I had a clean mri besides an incendtaloma which I asked my doctor does that mean I have a mass he said no.. Can you verify ? I also have ready that on my sheet they gave me for my review on it says after the Mri it's a Arnold Chiari Type 1. Does that mean it's a tumor ? They referred me to a neurologist what is an incendentaloma ? If my mri was normal but with a incident finding that was an incidentaloma in my cerebellum what does that mean how can I have a normal mri with a finding ? Is it a tumor?!! They said no mass ... But if there wasn't a mass how could they tell? What is a Arnold Chiari am I at risk of dying sooner than a normal life span ? I'm confused as how I can have a clean MRI but yet they said there was an incendentaloma yet my primary care doctor says that it is not a mass . What does that mean? They said no tumor but yet an incendtaloma means tumor correct ? Once again they said no mass or brain tumor .. I'm really confused by this all. Also I am 20 years old patientold and with an Arnold chiari type 1 does this mean it's fatal?

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Incidentalomas are as the name suggests an extremely incidental benign swelling, which is present in the brain, without causing any symptoms. It could be a result of past infections, or because of other vascular problems.
This is nothing related to cancer and you should not worry.
The Arnold-Chiari malformation again is a vasculature disorder, and I request you to kindly upload the MRI reports for better correlation. I can assure you, it is not fatal.
Feel free to discuss further.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995