Intense pain after injury to legs. Compartment Syndrome?

I have recently had an injury to my legs. both legs inside above my ankle and below my calf. for two weeks the smallest things would make it flare up including just a little walking. The pain was intense. first i was told it was compartment syndrome then I was told it could not be compartment syndrome and sounded like possible stress fractures. I never ended up getting a bone scan as the symptoms started to ease. Now the pain is less constant but seems to be in other areas including my knee and outside leg. it is a deep feeling and is confusing because the pain is in a different spot and when i am resting if i put pressure on certain parts of my leg the pain flares up again in the different spots. I thought maybe tendants but everytime i look up the leg tendants they dont seem to be located where the pain is. i really want to get to the bottom of this. I am away working remote and will be 3 weeks until i am able to get to my doctor and have tests if needed.

Category: Orthopedic Surgeon

Expert:  Dr. Mukesh Tiwari replied 4 Days.

Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.com.

I have read your query with diligence and understand your concern.
It looks from your details that you had injury about 2 weeks back.If pain at present is in various other places, then this can be due to muscle strain as there can be involvement of different muscles during trauma. An alternation of blood flow due to inflammatory process involved with injury can also cause this.

The good thing is, over time, it resolves by itself and you have no need to worry.
To hasten recovery, you may take a good anti-inflammatory analgesic like Advil(Ibuprofen 400 mg, twice daily with food, for 5 days) & may do warm water fomentation of the affected area.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Feel free to ask queries.

Dr. Mukesh Tiwari
Fellowship - Khandaka Hospital, Jaipur
Residency - MS, Rabindranath Tagore Medical College, Udaipur, 2000
Medical School, Internship - MBBS, SMS Medical College, Jaipur, 1995