Is this DERMAFIBROMA or CYST?

I think I might have a dermafibroma or a cyst. It has been worrying me lately and my parents want me to get it checked out. Can you give me any answers to this?

This seems to be a dermatofibroma. It's a benign connective tissue tumour. The best method for removal would be to get it excised by your doctor.

I thought thats what it was but every picture I saw online looked more to be above the skin, like a mole where mine seems to be under the skin. It was flesh colored but changed to this purple/brown color. Does this still sound like a dermatafibroma?

Yes it still does sound like Dermatofibroma. However, without examining it, it's difficult to confirm the diagnosis. If it's changed colour the way you mention it could possibly be a haematoma as well. Since how long do you have it?

It would be best to let your doctor physically examine it.

I have honestly had to for as long as I can remember so definitely at least 5 years but it changed colours about 2 to 3 years ago. It doesn't hurt, it just feels like a marble under my skin but a little softer.

Then it's more likely a dermatofibroma.

It would be best to let your doctor check it out.

Haematoma would not last so long.