Itching and irritation of anal area during and after passing stools

Hello Doctor ,
For the past one month I have some itching and irritation in my anal area during and and after passing stool ! Earlier it used to be severe , but after couple of weeks it reduced but still have the itching and irritation near the anal area while passing stool !
I never taken any medication or treatment for it till now , because I thought that it is some of kind of wound due to body heat ! But now am worried !
What could be wrong here ?

By
Joel
India

Thank you for asking your query.

The itching and irritation could be due to hemorrhoids (piles). This is the most common cause for such symptoms. I assume that you are not having any bleeding from the rectum. You can empirically use OTC ointments like "Smuth" ointment at the anal area (See package insert for instructions). twice a day for 1 week (only. Not more than a week) . Please consult your Doctor regarding this as we cannot offer online prescription.

Eat high fiber diet. Avoid straining in the toilet. High fiber diet will form the cornerstone of therapy.

If the symptoms persist you will have to visit your Doctor for a per rectal examination.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions.