Itchy, uncomfortable pimples in lip. HERPES?

Hello, I am worried about a "pimple" that appeared in my top lip. It feels very uncomfortable and it's been there for the past 4 days. Since I don't have medical insurance I will give this a try. I don't know if it's herpes and I am afraid it is. I haven't kissed nobody since January, 2 2015. The "pimple" I have itches and tickles, but still hurts and it looks disgusting. My girlfriend had this like 2 years ago, but after the blood tests she was negative to herpes, her doctor said it was probably because of stress and too much sunlight. I am from Puerto Rico but came to Florida last year. I need your advice and I would appreciate your help.

I can understand your concern. I reviewed the pictures.

You don't have herpes. It's Folliculitis which is a bacterial infection. I would recommend application of Mupirocin cream twice a day for a week.

That's a relief, I guess. Thank you for answering. I have another question. Should I pop the thing and how is the healing process? Does the Mupirocin cream needs a prescription?

About the prescription, I already went to the pharmacy to get the medicine but they told me I need a prescription. I live in Florida, USA.

Thanks for posting your reply.

Please don't pop it. It could leave a mark behind.

Mupirocin cream requires a prescription.

Hey :)
I was washing my face and it poped, I cleaned with antibacterial soup. I haven't bought the medicine for it because I don't have insuerance and can't get a prescription without one.
Is there any over the counter medicine I could use?

Unfortunately, it needs antibiotic coverage and they are not available without prescription.
If you have any locally available antiseptic ointment, you can apply.
Or else, keep cleaning the area 2-3 times with antibacterial soap.