Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Lump in the middle of neck

hi,

I have a small lump in the middle of my neck on the right side. it is not very big, less than a cm but i have never noticed it before and do not know why it is there because i feel perfectly healthy. Is it anything I should be worried about?

thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 4 Days ago

This swelling is most likely a Lymph Node. Lymph Nodes are normal body glands which can get enlarged by a lot of stimuli like infection or inflammation. This is a normal response. Most likely that swelling is due to Lymph Node, which is due to an infection or inflammation in the throat / neck (like a sore throat / tonsillitis). For the time being you can observe the swelling for 2-3 weeks. Most likely it will subside by its own by that time. If not you can go your GP for a neck examination. (To see whether some other nodes are also enlarged / also to see whether there is any foci of infection or inflammation).

Please feel free to ask followup questions

Users who read this, also read:

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation

CHAT NOW

DoctorSpring in news