Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Lumps under nipples for 10years. BREAST CANCER?

Resolved Question:

Hello, I'm a 23 year old male. For 10 years I have had lumps under both of my nipples. I went to my general physician who told me it was nothing and that he wasn't feeling anything. Even after that, I still don't think it's nothing. I've been living the last 10 years thinking I'll die any day now. I can't keep living this way and have to get definite proof that it's nothing. My question is where should I go, what doctor should I see who can preform a test that will let me know if I have male breast cancer? Sometimes my nipples hurt. I have stomach pains occasionally. I'm 100% convinced I have breast cancer and need to know where to go to get some answers. Please help me.

Category: Oncologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Hematologist
 27 Doctors Online

Thank you for your query at
I can understand your fear and concern. Presently your age is 23 and you had the breast swelling since 13 yrs, which is the pubertal time.
This is due to hormonal changes in the body and usually does not require oncological intervention .
I would like to reassure you that this condition called GYNECOMASTIA is a common phenomenon during most of the time.
You need to do regular exercise and lead a healthy life. I would strongly advise you to stop worrying about this.
If the breast appears large and very abnormal, you can meet a surgeon for cosmetology opinion and take his advise

Patient replied :

Thank you for your quick response, but it doesn't quite answer answer my question. I know about gynecomastia and have been told about for years, but I do not think that is what i have. I believe the lumps under both of my nipples have gotten bigger and attached themselves to the muscles underneath. Visually, my nipples don't look too different aside from being reddish pink instead of the normal color. Also, most morning my stomach hurts and have occasional abdominal pain during random parts of the day. I also feel a swollen lymph node on the right side of my throat below the jaw. I also feel something in both arm pits. I just don't feel right and have been living with this anxiety for 10 years. I need answers and that is why my original question was where do I need to go to get a definite answer? Can i get some kind of ultrasound or something? I don't know what to do and everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy and that it's probably just gynecomastia. Please help me with this.

Yes an ultrasound will definitely help and I recommend you get an ultrasound done and follow up with me.
I will guide you based on that. Biopsy is a more definitive diagnosis and not required at this stage.

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Category: Hematologist
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.
Dr. Prasad Eswaran and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news