Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Medicine to increase weight and look fatter.

Resolved Question:

Hi Doctor,

I am 29 years old. My height is 168 cm and weight is 53Kg. I am very skinny and look like 18 years old. So can you please suggest some medicine so that I can get little fatter.


Category: Family Physician-GP

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 32 Doctors Online

Thanks for your query at
I understand your concern
I would like to know a few things
1) How is appetite?
2) How is pubertal growth? Secondary sexual characters?
3) Do you have other symptoms like palpitations, anxiety, fatigue, weakness, difficulty sleeping?
4) How is physique of other members in family e.g. parents, siblings?
Please revert back with the answers
Thank you

Patient replied :

1) I think my appetite is OK. But around one and half years earlier my TSH increased and I was having lots of loose motion. I lost few Kgs. Doctors here suggested some medicines for 3 months. After that I don' have any such problem with TSH.
2) My pubertal growth is OK. I look much younger because I am very skinny. No, I am single.
3) I don't have any other symptoms. About sleeping : I usually sleep very late at night at around 3:00 or 4:00 clock. I am doing research and have to submit thesis in few months. So most of the days I go to bed very late at night. But everyday I generally sleep for 7-8 hours. Due to the sleeping habit I most of the days miss my breakfast and directly go for lunch.
4) The physic of others of my family (parents and brother) are normal.

Thank you for your follow-up.
You firstly need to ensure that you eat all your meals. Breakfast is the most important meal in everyone's life, and hence you need to ensure you are having a nice protein rich breakfast.
I will advise you to start working out regularly and take protein supplements. Whey protein supplement will be good for you as it helps in gaining lean muscle mass. You can also try a supplement known as Nutrigain which helps you gain weight gradually. But remember nothing is better than a good healthy diet. You need to increase the protein intake to at least 100-150 g daily.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news