Thanks for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I understand your concern
I would like to know a few things
1) How is appetite?
2) How is pubertal growth? Secondary sexual characters?
3) Do you have other symptoms like palpitations, anxiety, fatigue, weakness, difficulty sleeping?
4) How is physique of other members in family e.g. parents, siblings?
Please revert back with the answers
Patient replied :
1) I think my appetite is OK.
But around one and half years earlier my TSH increased and I was having lots of loose motion. I lost few Kgs. Doctors here suggested some medicines for 3 months. After that I don' have any such problem with TSH.
2) My pubertal growth is OK. I look much younger because I am very skinny.
No, I am single.
3) I don't have any other symptoms.
About sleeping : I usually sleep very late at night at around 3:00 or 4:00 clock. I am doing research and have to submit thesis in few months. So most of the days I go to bed very late at night. But everyday I generally sleep for 7-8 hours.
Due to the sleeping habit I most of the days miss my breakfast and directly go for lunch.
4) The physic of others of my family (parents and brother) are normal.
Thank you for your follow-up.
You firstly need to ensure that you eat all your meals. Breakfast is the most important meal in everyone's life, and hence you need to ensure you are having a nice protein rich breakfast.
I will advise you to start working out regularly and take protein supplements. Whey protein supplement will be good for you as it helps in gaining lean muscle mass. You can also try a supplement known as Nutrigain which helps you gain weight gradually. But remember nothing is better than a good healthy diet. You need to increase the protein intake to at least 100-150 g daily.