Migraine and stomach bug with nausea and sharp left eye pain

Hi, I got a migraine and stomach bug 3 days ago now. The throbbing of the migraine has gone however I have a very sharp pain behind my left eye. When I'm looking straight ahead it's fine however when I look up and down, left to right it really hurts behind the eye. When I stand up I get a throbbing pain at the back of my head and feel sick. I have been to the doctors yesterday and he gave me an injection for the migraine and tablets for the up set stomach. However none of my symptoms are going away.

In order to provide my best opinion I would like some additional information from you.

I would like to know whether you are having Migraine for long duration (if so for how many / months or years). Have you had any diarrhoea or vomiting ?

You can reply as a follow up

I only get migraines occasionally. Over the last 5 years probably ten times. Yes I have very bad diarrhea, at first I had vomiting but the vomiting has stopped now. I have also just got a cold sore, which happens when I get stressed out. Along with my bells palsy getting worse (slack) I hope this helps

This particular pain is probably due to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Vomiting and diarrhea can upset the fluid levels in your body. Fluid shifts can cause Sodium, Potassium and other electrolyte imbalance too. In Addition, the vomiting could have precipitated the vascular component of the headache.

There is no reason to worry though. The symptoms should resolve in a couple of days. Stay hydrated. (Take an electrolyte drink twice daily). But make sure that you are not over hydrating. A good measure would checking whether your urine is clear in color.

Take adequate rest. Avoid any stimuli that would precipitate the headaches. You can take a Tylenol if the pain persists. If the pain is getting worse and/or if there are new symptoms you should get in touch with your Doctor.

PLease feel free to ask followup questions.

Thank you for your info. Since this date my migraine after 6 days is getting better. However my stomach has gotten a lot worse. I have had diahorea for 6 days now, still not eating alot and also my urine is very brown. I have been drinking alot however I find I just get diahorea very bad. My temp in 35.3 ATM and I'm getting chills. My stomach is bloated and making terrible noises. Please help?

It seems this is an infective diarrhea (possibly bacterial). I recommend getting medical help (ER / Doctor' office). You will need an antibiotic. Drink plenty of fluids - This is very important. Take soft bland diet. Avoid milk and milk prodcuts.