Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Mole on arm without significant change. Is this 'SUSPECT'?

I have had this mole on my right arm for my entire life, I do not believe its changed significantly .

It appears to be symmetrical, but I was curious if you consider this mole to be 'suspect'? If I was your client would you recommend it be investigated further for melanoma?

Please make sure this question is properly assigned to a dermatologist, I selected dermatologist but it appears this question has been assigned to a family physician.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 4 Days ago

I am the InHouse Physician and this query will be assigned to our dermatologist on board- Dr. Kruti.
However, I will request you to first upload an image of the mole, so it's easier for her to predict the future course.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 3 Days ago

I can understand your concern. I reviewed the pictures.

Since i haven't seen it earlier I can't tell you if it's changed. But I could see a colour variation in it. I would ask you to investigate it further. You can visit your dermatologist and ask him to do a dermatoscopy and a biopsy if required.
I would like to give you some information regarding moles.

A new or changing mole or blemish is the most common warning sign for melanoma. Variation in color and/or an increase in diameter, height, or asymmetry of borders of a pigmented lesion are noted.

Symptoms such as bleeding, itching, ulceration, and pain in a pigmented lesion also warrant an evaluation.

ABCDE criteria for a changing mole, which are as follows:

Asymmetry: Half the lesion does not match the other half.

Border irregularity: The edges are ragged, notched, or blurred.

Color variegation: Pigmentation is not uniform and may display shades of tan, brown, or black; white, reddish, or blue discoloration is of particular concern.

Diameter: A diameter greater than 6 mm is characteristic, although some melanomas may have smaller diameters; any growth in a nevus warrants an evaluation.

Evolving: Changes in the lesion over time are characteristic.

Lesions exhibiting these features should be considered potential melanoma.

In your case i could see a colour variation and hence i advised it to be investigated further.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 2 Days ago

Would you say it is urgent to get the mole investigated?
Thanks for getting back. If have noted any changes/differences please get investigated as early as possible.

Users who read this, also read:

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation

CHAT NOW

DoctorSpring in news