Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Need advice for pain and lump under the skin of penis.

Resolved Question:

I need advice on matter that is concerning me . I have a lump under the skin of my penis and the skin around it has changed to a darker color. Sometimes I feel a stinging pain in that area as well. Please help

Category: Internal Medicine Specialist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
 23 Doctors Online

Hello. Thank you for posting your query at
I understand your concern.
In order to help you further, i do need to see a picture of what you're trying to explain. It can be an engorged vein to some kind of fungal infection. Do you have any other symptoms?
Do you have any white discharge from your penis ?
Are you active sexually ?
Do you have any risk of acquiring STDs ?
I need answers to these questions to help you further,

Patient replied :

I have taken a picture and outlined the area, but it is hard to see in the picture. I was sexually active a couple of months ago. I believe I had white discharge from my penis before, but has gone away.

Hello. Thank you for writing to us again.
That does not look like anything alarming. Sometimes the sebaceous gland start hyperfunctioning and can manifest as a small lump. They are harmess and resolve automatically. Otherwise it can also be a change in the scar of your circumcision, which is getting slightly hyper pigmented. Since you have no other associated symptoms, there is no cause to worry. Mostly it is a blocked sebaceous gland. I will advise you to apply neosporin ointment on that site for 2-3 times a day, for around a week. The only thing is the pain, but again that is possible with a blocked gland. It will take some time but resolve automatically.
I will once again reaffirm, this is nothing to worry about. Just apply the ointment. It will resolve automatically.
In case it is not getting better, and the skin keeps getting darker, you can get an urologist opinion, who can perform some tests and if required extract the blocked gland.

Patient replied :

Thank you for reassuring me. If it does get worse I will consult with a urologist on the matter. It is refreshing to get feedback from an actual Doctor. The only thing about the lump and discoloration is that I have had it for a couple of years already. I was just more concerned about it recently.
Thank you,

Hello Michael,
I am glad that my response was reassuring. You can go ahead and start off with the Neosporin. Since you have had it for a few years, it is unlikely to worsen now but if in case it does, you can see a Urologist.
If you have any other query, do let me know.
Thank you.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Resident Physician, in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news