On LISINOPRIL for blood pressure. Can I take FORTA?

I would like to know if a supplement called Forta, sold by GNC for male sexual health, is ok to take. I currently take 10mg of lisinopril for high blood pressure. The ingredients and warning from GNC website is stated below. It says to check with a physician if you have high blood pressure. My blood pressure currently, while taking lisinipril is about 110/75. I am 56 year old male. Can you also make a recommendation if you know of a better/alternative supplement

Dan

Ingredients for Forta
Epimedium Brevicornum (Epimedium herb)(Foliage) 130.00 mg **
Cordyceps sinensis (Chinese Caterpillar fungus)(Stroma of Fungus) 120.00 mg **
Panax Ginseng (Panax Ginseng)(Dried root) 100.00 mg **
Lycium Barbarum (Wolfberry)(Fruit) 80.00 mg **
Cinnamomi Cassia (Cinnamom)(bark) 70.00 mg **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose capsule

Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications for diabetes,high blood pressure or seizures

Category: Cardiologist

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 4 Days.

If your BP is under control with medication, then you can take the supplement. All these supplements work by increasing the nitric oxide levels in the blood increasing vasodilation. This can cause BP fluctuations.
Can you mention what are issues you are facing for which you want to take the drug? Based on that, I can guide you about better supplements.

Hi, The issue is erectile dysfunction - not satisfactorily getting and maintaining erections consistently. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dr. Vivek Mahajan replied 3 Days.

Hello Dan,
Yes, you can go ahead with the supplement as the ingredients will not cause any major fluctuation in your BP, considering it is within safe limits with medication.
One solution is medications. Some patients are not willing to wait for these acts to produce results and instead demand medicines. I prescribe them 12.5 mg paroxetine at night and they are doing good. Normally one should try until 25mg of Paroxetine. If paroxetine is not effective then Dapoxetine is an option. It has to be given 1 hour before having sex and will prolong the sexual interval.

Dr. Vivek Mahajan
Fellowship: DM, Cardiology, PGIMER, 2013
Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, AIIMS, 2007
Internship: King Edward Memorial (KEM) Hospital, 2003 
Medical School: MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, 2002