Oval shape, red with dark edges with bite mark. Reason?

I noticed a marking on my daughters leg today. It is an oval like shape, red with a darker red ring around the edges. It doesn't seem to bother her.
I can feel a possible bite mark in the middle. I'm concerned on what it is please help

Thanks for posting your query.

I reviewed the picture. It seems to be a wheal which is characteristic of hives. I would like to know whether you observed that the wheal was waning off on its own or did you observe that there was no change in it?

Hives can surely follow an insect bite.

I would recommend application of cortisone cream mixed with Mupirocin cream twice a day for a week. Also you need to give her an anti histamine like hydroxyzine or levocetrizine that she usually takes for cold.

Please let me know about the query i asked you about.

Hope you find this information useful.

It appears to be the same, I applied after bite when I first saw as I thought it might be a bug bite , maybe even a tick bite. It has not changed since last night , but also doesn't irritate her at all

I would recommend treating it the way I have recommended in my previous answer to your query.Kindly review my first reply again. Hopefully it should resolve. In case there is no improvement in 2 days I would recommend consulting a dermatologist.

Please let me know if you have any queries. Take care