Pain in arm, bruising, swollen lump

Hi my name is Joanne
I was working Friday night (waitress) all a sudden I felt pain in my mid arm looked down and it looked swollen I had a lump like with a slight bruising it hurt really bad to touch it or the area 2 days later today it's a bruise with almost like a line going through it still a painful lump underneath should I be concerned or get it looked at Thank you
Joanne

Thank you for asking your query.

This particular lump, as per your description seems to be a infective swelling. Something like a infected cyst or furuncle. This is unless of course you have not hit/bumped your arm somewhere.

This should settle by itself in less than a week. You may apply some warmth (take care not to burn the skin) over the swelling twice a day. This can alleviate the pain and inflammation. Tylenol or any OTC pain medication can be used if there is severe pain. Make sure not put pressure over the swelling. You may also want to see whether there are similar swellings in any other part of your body.

You will need to visit a Doctor if the swelling is persisting and there is no relief within 2-3 or if there is excoriation of the skin and/or discharge.