Pain in the chest area following work out.

Hi. I did a lot of exercise this weekend and my heart feels as if it's sore like my legs or arms might. Is this something to be concerned about? I am also a smoker. Is there any way to stretch the heart muscle???

Heart is made up of a different kind of muscle which won't fatigue unlike the skeletal muscle. So the soarness you are feeling is probably something else. I would like to know some additional details from you so that I can provide a solid and learned opinion.
You can reply as a followup

1. Do you have a chest pain ? If so in what side ?
2. Could you please describe the discomfort in more detail ?
3. Do you have a pain radiating to the arms or jaw
4. Does this soreness increase when you walk / run or exert ?
5. If possible count your resting heart rate and let me know the rate ( you can see online how to do it or use Mobile Apps)
6. Is there a pain while breathing in ?

Its not so much pain as it is relative discomfort. Again, the best way I can describe it is as if something were sore. It is on the left side of my chest.

No pain in the arm or jaw. The soreness doesn't particularly increase but I have felt tired with very little work. The resting heart rate I got was 82 bpm

There appears to be no warning signs of any adverse cardiac event. However just be cautious. As I said cardiac muscles will not fatigue (they have to work from birth to death !). So it could be inflammation of its covering or the pleura. Rarely myocarditis can present like this.

If you have medical access it is better to get an ECG done. A blood test called CPK_MB or Trop T can also be done if there is any changes in the ECG. DO NOT exert. Take absolute red for 2 days. You can take an OTC pain medication like Iburpofen 400mg twice daily for 3 days. It will help with the inflammation also.

Feel free to ask follow ups